返回列表 发帖 回复
打印
tT

Swine flu: latest advice and information

Swine flu: latest advice and information

As you may be aware from media reports, the number of cases of swine flu in the Greater Manchester area and across the UK is increasing.3 ^# q/ H1 k+ _4 X/ v5 o

+ m! @  r5 P$ Z' @As a result, the Health Protection Agency is now advising a move from the previous strategy of containment to one of presuming a diagnosis and providing anti-viral treatment depending on the symptoms.  l1 i  f: `0 m$ N
) F3 ^0 F- _3 T$ g
In line with this National Guidance, we are advising all colleagues - including those of you who suspect you may have come into contact with somebody with presumed swine flu - to continue as normal and come into work unless you develop symptoms, in which case you should remain at home and contact your General Practitioner.9 G0 i0 e4 S' u+ P, }+ Y

: a4 O) a% f9 S: f# ^If receiving anti-viral treatment, you will no longer be infectious if you have been on medication for five days and your symptoms have resolved.
5 X: ?" `; t6 ?
% a- M( N3 Y& l! CFor further updated information/advice and local contact details for the new National Flu Service, please visit the HPA website:
& c9 k9 L5 g) k1 z- [  w  s0 u5 z5 |  I, p4 @& ?2 S0 Q' K! x6 _1 `
http://www.hpa.org.uk/webw/HPAweb&Page&HPAwebAutoListName/Page/1240812233855?p=1240812233855  Q7 n5 e0 X$ S1 S4 G
* y! W' X2 r; _; }8 J# O

8 v( `8 W- _! z1 w--  - U! @- A3 A! U' C
Linda Callaghan$ V7 g2 z% M" R0 |8 k, [1 H4 u7 ?4 M% E
Internal Communications Officer
0 Y- u- c- o. L+ B. R# a2 Y* Q- BCommunications, Media and Public Relations
! c4 g. _8 d+ X& K& H* O) gThe University of Manchester) u( V( {: u' H3 z
Oxford Road) c; S* e6 v$ A7 y2 S( y
MANCHESTER. l1 f9 o9 Y* e8 J* o$ X
M13 9PL9 T& A- W$ P0 l4 t% G

; b( a+ I, T' z/ b5 |0161 275 8388( H1 t% p! S. A( Z* }1 B
linda.callaghan@manchester.ac.uk7 F4 V' l  P" z1 g
www.manchester.ac.uk/internalcommunications