返回列表 发帖 回复
打印
tT

Swine flu: latest advice and information

Swine flu: latest advice and information

As you may be aware from media reports, the number of cases of swine flu in the Greater Manchester area and across the UK is increasing.7 R  K& T5 f6 V6 [" G# b- H/ v
6 Y5 E" B2 @. ^! B+ m0 q3 u# q5 n/ J$ [
As a result, the Health Protection Agency is now advising a move from the previous strategy of containment to one of presuming a diagnosis and providing anti-viral treatment depending on the symptoms.
+ x9 @+ Y( [5 m
7 e: Q3 F- y1 h! B4 XIn line with this National Guidance, we are advising all colleagues - including those of you who suspect you may have come into contact with somebody with presumed swine flu - to continue as normal and come into work unless you develop symptoms, in which case you should remain at home and contact your General Practitioner.3 s, d) h. \& U

. |& B& n4 _/ M) T! B, _If receiving anti-viral treatment, you will no longer be infectious if you have been on medication for five days and your symptoms have resolved.2 ?% q: z5 {* I; f5 b) u4 O

' T$ v( u: G" _, i6 ], `+ }* CFor further updated information/advice and local contact details for the new National Flu Service, please visit the HPA website:
5 h# j( ]5 ]2 b4 P
: Y& Y2 a+ `2 ~' H% chttp://www.hpa.org.uk/webw/HPAweb&Page&HPAwebAutoListName/Page/1240812233855?p=1240812233855
' S4 X0 f( m, d# K3 W; t9 x! c0 i6 M+ \8 c

" u% w, v! S- [$ l/ q--  
$ n# [: B9 m: z# o' P8 W( |Linda Callaghan# r! I, K! _$ F9 u( ^
Internal Communications Officer2 y1 f6 `. A& H" G2 ?# e
Communications, Media and Public Relations
, r, ~" ^# _+ rThe University of Manchester3 T5 c: W3 r) T# F0 \3 s5 v% x/ L4 V
Oxford Road( [8 _2 B. U1 T! w& T2 Y1 ^2 ]
MANCHESTER
$ i4 Q8 p- v  H" \7 Z: u* s7 \M13 9PL/ O+ e6 g  p- E' r% X0 @
( B$ h9 [1 I* I& X/ `; N# j
0161 275 83885 Y8 {6 a3 b6 D+ i
linda.callaghan@manchester.ac.uk