返回列表 发帖 回复
打印
tT

Swine flu: latest advice and information

Swine flu: latest advice and information

As you may be aware from media reports, the number of cases of swine flu in the Greater Manchester area and across the UK is increasing.* r; u  n/ r8 x# q# @

# a+ ?0 F' @$ n) ^9 A& ^As a result, the Health Protection Agency is now advising a move from the previous strategy of containment to one of presuming a diagnosis and providing anti-viral treatment depending on the symptoms.$ u' k$ v  k2 p$ p9 ^
0 `) y& ~5 R. a
In line with this National Guidance, we are advising all colleagues - including those of you who suspect you may have come into contact with somebody with presumed swine flu - to continue as normal and come into work unless you develop symptoms, in which case you should remain at home and contact your General Practitioner./ k# U5 |& K8 W5 d8 Y2 w% Z
& W4 r7 r; I2 C/ x2 ~" I+ O' N
If receiving anti-viral treatment, you will no longer be infectious if you have been on medication for five days and your symptoms have resolved.  C& ]; P5 V1 F. U/ `7 V% B

, J2 A  M: D% ~2 E; yFor further updated information/advice and local contact details for the new National Flu Service, please visit the HPA website:$ d0 j1 z% _& |7 W* @0 y

7 p, ?7 b$ S6 |* a) |7 E) rhttp://www.hpa.org.uk/webw/HPAweb&Page&HPAwebAutoListName/Page/1240812233855?p=1240812233855
$ }* X8 j3 R  H6 g" ^- O  W; G9 ~, b) _9 N" E- X
2 J; W  J* S6 r4 ]' G4 u1 H" `
--  8 ^4 `2 j2 Y6 Q5 H. ~
Linda Callaghan
3 a0 |2 B# V$ c5 l0 Z8 C" s) Z9 qInternal Communications Officer
  Z2 D5 H! s" h- B6 i0 q6 qCommunications, Media and Public Relations
; u! G3 t0 w8 r) v3 ~' u2 f# ZThe University of Manchester
. H; V. C& O0 vOxford Road8 C9 m. b5 ^: Y5 n
MANCHESTER
) S, h: d" ]6 f) h, E/ u: WM13 9PL. l4 j9 K4 Q8 ^

2 a! ^: q% L. W# J+ |, e  P0161 275 83884 i# Q0 G6 t5 }& i
linda.callaghan@manchester.ac.uk. I4 U$ L) E; M0 j' f  R