返回列表 发帖 回复
打印
tT

Swine flu: latest advice and information

Swine flu: latest advice and information

As you may be aware from media reports, the number of cases of swine flu in the Greater Manchester area and across the UK is increasing.
- a. k% c9 }2 s/ n
) D$ x% Q$ x* u# b) u, R' dAs a result, the Health Protection Agency is now advising a move from the previous strategy of containment to one of presuming a diagnosis and providing anti-viral treatment depending on the symptoms.7 [  z5 V! {+ X0 Y- }  |4 Q) h

. ]8 X4 w0 q3 U5 q/ ^+ |& O# IIn line with this National Guidance, we are advising all colleagues - including those of you who suspect you may have come into contact with somebody with presumed swine flu - to continue as normal and come into work unless you develop symptoms, in which case you should remain at home and contact your General Practitioner.
7 m0 q2 a, F# S. n6 S
: ~5 r5 J9 W8 v  `9 J( M; A$ \If receiving anti-viral treatment, you will no longer be infectious if you have been on medication for five days and your symptoms have resolved.. }* g: U& Q$ G% `; M
/ B4 j: H- E. T/ ]. f
For further updated information/advice and local contact details for the new National Flu Service, please visit the HPA website:
( H* R* W! x$ y  J
2 j" ^' Z  Q, h6 C  s4 U$ d5 Ohttp://www.hpa.org.uk/webw/HPAweb&Page&HPAwebAutoListName/Page/1240812233855?p=1240812233855
( k* R) {2 U$ y  T: O8 R( I( ^4 X6 C) @4 [3 G  o
: L3 N$ ?( ^* V, J
--  5 \& y" ?4 U+ }' y7 Q
Linda Callaghan
1 J, [+ k) y% \Internal Communications Officer! t: L  X$ X" ^" z' ^: `" d% Q& h
Communications, Media and Public Relations
# L# R% ^) Z# Q. h2 k4 UThe University of Manchester
3 E. J# n  E0 Z; k) A; E" @  a# h9 kOxford Road
* v7 s  A' i% z+ z) J# F" wMANCHESTER
! Q" \. v5 Y) kM13 9PL& z/ E0 m9 l# k" A! P' I1 |
5 ]+ [( Q$ z! [3 n
0161 275 83881 ?& Y. [6 j" M; K