返回列表 发帖 回复
打印
tT

Swine flu: latest advice and information

Swine flu: latest advice and information

As you may be aware from media reports, the number of cases of swine flu in the Greater Manchester area and across the UK is increasing.
% w8 t$ E' G" B# _/ u1 a
6 z4 Z; M& o* F' M1 W" K! X# H9 F5 @As a result, the Health Protection Agency is now advising a move from the previous strategy of containment to one of presuming a diagnosis and providing anti-viral treatment depending on the symptoms.2 Y) f* t* l, E0 l3 T1 P/ l

! ~- J, O; |/ R4 i! `In line with this National Guidance, we are advising all colleagues - including those of you who suspect you may have come into contact with somebody with presumed swine flu - to continue as normal and come into work unless you develop symptoms, in which case you should remain at home and contact your General Practitioner.3 _/ U! [6 V# X# e  B5 M
0 l% H6 [; c' \8 \
If receiving anti-viral treatment, you will no longer be infectious if you have been on medication for five days and your symptoms have resolved.% O) @3 Z1 e* j$ m# r

9 Q; ]8 y: l6 {+ pFor further updated information/advice and local contact details for the new National Flu Service, please visit the HPA website:0 T% Z4 @  f8 l+ H% F
) H3 S; l0 L# ?4 x4 p& ^
http://www.hpa.org.uk/webw/HPAweb&Page&HPAwebAutoListName/Page/1240812233855?p=1240812233855
5 f! T* w& y1 O# F# O, _* r3 t2 e. B+ j8 k9 P
! Q6 f$ l6 C/ N9 y* d' J3 Q  [/ k% J" u) Z6 g
--  . Q+ q" v$ |, o) V
Linda Callaghan% v, h6 j7 h3 ?) t! U0 \7 u
Internal Communications Officer# F9 s  N# p4 z  G0 y, Z/ r
Communications, Media and Public Relations/ z" O1 J1 c& S( L
The University of Manchester, I6 s2 l! [6 o, r; M" P( c5 H2 }
Oxford Road
/ d# n) T. G- Q! Q6 {MANCHESTER
4 c% n& Z9 ?9 i3 W$ g) @M13 9PL
8 T% S8 A2 |+ N. b% [% o, Q; P2 y( s9 f5 u( C8 e0 w  R
0161 275 8388