返回列表 发帖 回复
打印
tT

Swine flu: latest advice and information

Swine flu: latest advice and information

As you may be aware from media reports, the number of cases of swine flu in the Greater Manchester area and across the UK is increasing.
  }9 Y/ g4 A) T1 d1 v/ a' S1 z9 S( @/ r  O# ^. b
As a result, the Health Protection Agency is now advising a move from the previous strategy of containment to one of presuming a diagnosis and providing anti-viral treatment depending on the symptoms.
& Q& }& q5 `) @  Q% w, N$ s& e/ @! E. U9 Z% _
In line with this National Guidance, we are advising all colleagues - including those of you who suspect you may have come into contact with somebody with presumed swine flu - to continue as normal and come into work unless you develop symptoms, in which case you should remain at home and contact your General Practitioner./ ]* f& E; B8 t& A9 m; u
& R( |5 {! n- Z7 i8 T4 E
If receiving anti-viral treatment, you will no longer be infectious if you have been on medication for five days and your symptoms have resolved.
& k9 z: C' E& ^) ~5 c+ Z6 z/ ~! \* X/ f2 x
For further updated information/advice and local contact details for the new National Flu Service, please visit the HPA website:
7 b7 f" g7 c# @& j. }, f* D8 R' @- E/ |  n! k8 U' @
http://www.hpa.org.uk/webw/HPAweb&Page&HPAwebAutoListName/Page/1240812233855?p=12408122338559 m$ C0 V9 @! F0 v1 ]. S

$ ^3 T/ V- s; E& f8 ?7 O/ H% w9 Z4 B2 G
--  0 S% [0 V! w8 a4 _9 g5 r& c+ {
Linda Callaghan8 L( o) |2 a+ r3 A0 C
Internal Communications Officer3 C8 t+ y. Z* d$ u& L/ X
Communications, Media and Public Relations0 v  s5 D1 X9 V4 J2 C
The University of Manchester* k5 [9 d1 P: I4 [" T" d
Oxford Road
% Q& i# Y4 K9 F6 ?& DMANCHESTER$ x$ |  F2 H; [* M+ s* U
M13 9PL
$ D* W) B& p3 p# x
# w( y. [. t& X9 r  @( M0161 275 8388
+ Z/ v1 q% ~8 V' a4 N- i# e9 Slinda.callaghan@manchester.ac.uk