返回列表 发帖 回复
打印
tT

Swine flu: latest advice and information

Swine flu: latest advice and information

As you may be aware from media reports, the number of cases of swine flu in the Greater Manchester area and across the UK is increasing.
7 L' I+ A  ^6 [& F* O* ^) [5 ~7 q8 L" W( n9 \: v
As a result, the Health Protection Agency is now advising a move from the previous strategy of containment to one of presuming a diagnosis and providing anti-viral treatment depending on the symptoms.
9 u7 {$ U  R3 }% w# o: @4 ]- ~$ u+ l: F2 U6 g! R: a
In line with this National Guidance, we are advising all colleagues - including those of you who suspect you may have come into contact with somebody with presumed swine flu - to continue as normal and come into work unless you develop symptoms, in which case you should remain at home and contact your General Practitioner.# b' s! d7 @$ S
, _6 J/ L8 |% \3 k2 Z9 H0 h
If receiving anti-viral treatment, you will no longer be infectious if you have been on medication for five days and your symptoms have resolved./ ?/ k7 @+ E4 f& g, Y
9 X+ y# i/ W" y; v$ f) H
For further updated information/advice and local contact details for the new National Flu Service, please visit the HPA website:) m. q7 Q, J. v% W0 l, O

9 O7 r* ~0 H# D3 N0 {! `http://www.hpa.org.uk/webw/HPAweb&Page&HPAwebAutoListName/Page/1240812233855?p=1240812233855
5 r: o4 f8 }. d% n& C" V' N; E  V% [! I# B
- T2 Z- g1 u% [* W1 [9 i1 c0 j
--  
7 x, l3 q! w. _/ d" S  T2 v# qLinda Callaghan" m; c# P: a( [; C
Internal Communications Officer, @( x  H' H7 ^7 M  K: E) v
Communications, Media and Public Relations% X8 ]2 C! {. I* p/ B8 d! N" w
The University of Manchester
. T0 Z9 J/ Q1 U7 z* h9 M* QOxford Road% r7 k, F; O4 ?. u5 W) l$ n
MANCHESTER
1 P6 N) M- M) z' j4 W$ fM13 9PL0 Z7 H7 n  q7 c) {2 F7 A* ~) M
" E5 O0 W" k2 X* e; M2 k* d
0161 275 8388